Grants and Loans

Grants and loans are available to postgraduate students through Government Financial Assistance Schemes. Full-time students who have the right of residence in Hong Kong or have resided or had their home in Hong Kong continuously for three full years immediately prior to the commencement of their studies, and who enrol in UGC-funded or publicly funded programmes, as listed in the course coding sheet of the “Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes” (TSFS) published by the Government Student Financial Assistance Agency, may apply for grants and loans provided by the Hong Kong government. Under this scheme, grants are awarded to cover tuition fees and academic expenses, while loans cover living expenses. In addition, non-means-tested loans are available to full-time and part-time students to cover tuition fees.

Individual universities may have additional bursaries and loans available for their students. Please visit their respective websites.